Course containing resources and activities for the LRC Induction at the start of academic year 2013/2014, developed by Marta Asensio and Jorge Freire with input from all LRC staff.
Learning objectives for new NewVIc students:
- students familiarise themselves with library services and spaces;
- students practise locating resources in the LRC using Heritage and the Dewey Decimal system;
- students practise booking PCs and managing their computer time using MyPC;
- students are introduced to Moodle and Mahara;
- students reflect on their own learning and online habits and needs and familiarise themselves with practices/ methods of improving both (avoiding plagiarism; e-safety).